Head of Food
- Role: Club Management
- Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Hours: 39 hours per week
- Salary: up to £28k per annum, depending on experience
- Closing Date: 13-12-2019
- County: Hampshire
- Location: Portsmouth
Head of Food
Head of Food – eden - Portsmouth
We are looking for a talented and passionate Head of Food for our brand new eden venue.
eden is a revellers’ vision of botanical bliss. From daytime delights to dancing until dawn. Bar, restaurant and nightclub all under one roof. Bottomless brunches, long lazy lunches, happy hour cocktails, late night suppers and the ultimate party venue.
As Head of Food, it is your job to ensure that venue operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining its good reputation and ethos within all food service areas. You will coordinate a variety of activities, whatever the size or type of the venue, and will be responsible for the restaurant's business performance, quality standards and health and safety.
Combining strategic planning and day-to-day management activities, the role is both business-like and creative, particularly in terms of marketing and business development.
- take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant and corporate function;
- help guide the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef to deliver their R&R;
- analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability per shift;
- manage and understand QSR speeds and improve;
- organise marketing activities, such as promotional events, key dates;
- prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales, comps, discounts and voids;
- create and execute plans for department sales, profit and staff development and training;
- set budgets or agree them with senior management;
- recruit, train, manage and motivate staff;
- hold weekly staff meetings with you team;
- oversee our restaurants ‘social platforms so they perform well;
- ensure food consumption is managed in line with the Health & Safety legislation and fully understand Food Safe and EHO visits;
- work with the Head of Reservation to drive bookings, set targets and deliver corporate bookings;
- manage pest control;
- maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety;
- cash management – safe checks, cash outs, change orders; and
- manage staff tips and tronc allocation.
Ideal candidate requirements:
- excellent interpersonal skills for diplomatically handling staff and customers;
- strong written and oral communication skills for managing business admin and personnel matters;
- the ability to cope under pressure;
- good business awareness for achieving successful performance;
- good cooperation skills - the ability to both work in and lead a team;
- strong planning and organisational skills to run a streamlined operation;
- the ability to work independently and make decisions confidently; and
- problem-solving ability, to resolve issues as they arise.
This is a full time, permanent position.
The salary is up to £28k per annum, depending on experience.
Applicants must submit their CV with all applications, you must also have the right to work in the UK.