- Role: Club Management
- Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Hours: 39 hours per week
- Salary: Upto £22k per annum, depending on experience, plus industry leading bonus scheme and other benefits
- Closing Date: 28-02-2020
- County: Yorkshire
- Location: York
Assistant Manager – Kuda – York
Formerly a technical college built in 1827 the building has seen many transformations, starting as Silks, then the Gallery and now finally the club we love today, Kuda!
An amphitheater of atmosphere. With LED technology, an incredible sound system and the most amazing lighting to make for an incredible spectacle of a nightclub! Kuda is boutique, chic, contemporary and completely state of the art.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about the sector, keen to learn, and looking to carve out a career within one of the country's largest and leading late-night operators within a high-end high-volume venue.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join the team. The right candidate will be self-motivated, a good communicator, well presented, professional, with excellent operational standards and attention to detail and should lead by example.
What can you do for us?
Your primary task is to support the General Manager in all aspects of the day to day management of the business. You will be working alongside and supporting a dynamic management team who are responsible for the day-to-day management of the venue. Using your exceptional knowledge of operations, you will be key in supporting and overseeing these operations, ensuring that all business areas run smoothly and that the customer experience is enjoyable. You will act as a mentor and develop both support management and staff to ensure the required standard of service is met.
What can we do for you?
- Offer an annual salary of up to £22k, depending on experience.
- An industry leading Bonus scheme.
- We will help you achieve the role of Deputy Manager within the group.
- We will supply many support functions via our HUB office and senior management team.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- You must hold a personal licence.
- Maintain the highest standards of hygiene, health and safety. Ensure company and legal compliance.
- Maintain strict stock and financial control. Conduct weekly stock takes and devise action plans based on the results.
- Build and maintain staff morale and excellent working relationships with crew, supervisors, and managers.
- Ensure excellent front of house service; allocate and support staff throughout the shift to maintain speed of service and cleanliness of venue.
- Ensure staff meet the standards of the bars; address and correct bad practice where need be.
- Identify problems as they arise, resolving them where possible and appropriate, and reporting them as necessary.
- To follow all till and cashing up procedures and ensure all supervisors are following these correctly.
- Merchandising the bars and front of house areas.
- Assist in the induction, training and development of crew members
- Assisting the Deputy and General Managers with all compliance issues and maintaining all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all work is completed to the highest standard.
All applicants must be well presented, professional, a good communicator with excellent overall operational standards. Candidates must be 18+ as the role includes serving alcohol, live within a commutable distance of the venue and eligible to work in the UK.
This is a full time and permanent role that will see you working shift patterns that include evenings and weekends, so you must be flexible in terms of the hours required of you.
Excellent rates of pay, training, benefits, and opportunity for progression available!