- Role: HR
- Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: £40k - £45k depending on experience, plus benefits
- Closing Date: 12-02-2019
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Location: Deltic Hub, Milton Keynes
Location: Milton Keynes - HUB office with occasional travel
Salary: £40k - £45k per annum plus benefits: Life Assurance, Health Care, free parking, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, The Deltic B.A.R (employee benefit programme) and Vectis card discounts plus more
This is a permanent, full time position (37.5 hours) to start as soon as possible
Overview on Deltic:
The Deltic Group is the UK’s largest operator of late-night clubs and bars, with businesses located throughout the UK. Its brands include PRYZM, ATIK Bar&Beyond, Vinyl & Fiction, and each business offers a great night out tailored to their local audiences and most are by some way the largest venues in their locations.
Deltic typically has 400 full time and up to 2,500 part time employees. This is a fast moving, fun and exciting part of the night time economy, more entrepreneurial than most, with many of our businesses employing over 100 people. Life is never dull, as every day brings something new.
We are looking to strengthen our HR team by appointing an experienced HR Manager.
We are about to implement the new HR system, iTrent, and in delivering this game-changing initiative, frees the department up to be more focused on strategy, on employee engagement, training and retention than ever before. So, the timing is good!
Reporting to the HR Director, you will provide support and advice to managers and employees on HR and ER related matters, working closely with the field based Regional Directors and colleagues at the HUB, adopting a proactive approach to meeting business needs and ever-changing legislative requirements. This role will support HR work that focuses on Learning & Development, Talent Development, people experience and people engagement.
- Supporting Operations and The HUB and advising on Employee Relations matters across the business;
- Creating and maintaining Company HR Policies and Procedures;
- Assisting with and rolling out HR initiatives across the business;
- Supporting the HR Director in Strategic Projects;
- Supporting and managing recruitment activity;
- Supporting & developing the HR support team in conjunction with the HR Director;
- Using the new iTrent system to measure and manage the following:
- Administration of company and flexible benefits packages;
- Managing the maternity and paternity processes;
- Managing Labour Turnover;
- HRIS Management.
- Strong HRIS Knowledge and experience – preferably ‘iTRENT’ – as we are implementing the new HR and Payroll, iTrent System with MHR and coming to the final stages of the build;
- CIPD Qualification or similar;
- Strong understanding of current Employment Law;
- TUPE, Redundancies and Acquisitions are desirable;
- Ability to coach and influence with Learning and Development knowledge;
- Ability to engage people at all levels and gain trust; and
- Experience of delivering workshops and supporting colleagues on Learning and Development.
Reporting into the HR Director, the HR Manager will play an integral part working within a small HR Team, and they will provide a comprehensive generalist HR service to the business including coaching, support and assistance with disciplinary, grievance, attendance and all consultation matters advising Line Managers in areas such as absence management, employee relations, performance management and organisational design. The ideal candidate will be CIPD qualified or with relevant HR qualifications with proven generalist HR experience including recruitment and selection, sickness absence management and maternity and paternity. The candidate will also have a strong working knowledge of employment legislation and be competent in using iTrent or similar.
We are looking for a proactive, confident HR Manager that is happy to relationship-build across the business and used to working in a fast-paced environment. They will need to be likeable, trustworthy and deal in confidence with issues that arise.
If you have a passion for HR, people and are keen to join an established yet progressive company in a busy and proactive HR Department then this could be the role for you.
We like to work together as one team and enjoy each day, so having a fun and ongoing personality is essential!
This role will have a two-stage interview process.
The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received a sufficient number of applications, so we advise you to submit your application early to prevent disappointment.
You must also be eligible to work in the UK and currently live close to Milton Keynes. Only successful applicants will be contacted, apologies in advance!