- Role: Legal & Insurance
- Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: up to £30k per annum depending on experience
- Closing Date: 03-05-2019
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Location: Deltic Hub, Milton Keynes
The Deltic Group is the UK’s largest operator of late-night bars and clubs, its brands include Bar & Beyond, ATIK, PRYZM, Fiction, Cameo, KUDA and Vinyl, which each offer a distinctive and exciting night out; as well as a number of unique venues, each with their own identity created especially with their customers in mind. We have 54 clubs/bars across the country and our HUB office in Milton Keynes.
We are seeking a Paralegal, with a minimum of three years’ paralegal experience, to join our Legal team. The candidate will be reporting to the General Counsel and Company Secretary, based at the HUB office adopting a proactive approach to meeting business needs and legislative requirements.
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts in relation to procurement, IP, IT, joint venture arrangements, promoter and private hire arrangements.
- Managing the legal side of “Deltic Events”, the on-line system for creating, signing and storing promoter and private hire contracts;
- Support for the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and related legal processes across the business;
- Drafting confidentiality and non-compete letters.
- Assisting with license and lease renewals;
- Providing support on acquisitions and disposals;
- General support on Commercial Property queries.
Corporate Administration and Governance
- Monitoring of compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements affecting the business and advice to management of upcoming legislative and regulatory changes;
- Handling occasional questions on licensing at Deltic venues;
- Ensuring appropriate measures are in place to protect the assets of the business;
- Involvement in establishing and monitoring internal policies and procedures.
- Liaising with colleagues and external counsel to ensure corporate compliance with data protection legislation;
- Assisting with the implementation of policies and procedures in compliance with the GDPR.
- Assisting with the preparation of defence documents;
- Working with the claims management team as needed.
- Support in managing external counsel relationships, including managing engagement agreements and reviewing legal invoices;
- Monitoring and evaluating legal spend;
- Advice to all departments on a variety of day-to-day legal issues;
- Legal inductions for new employees;
- Summarising and communicating effectively legal concepts to various stakeholders at different levels in the business, demonstrating both flexibility and an intuitive approach in all communications;
- Assisting where appropriate with the development and implementation of education and training programmes on topics where staff need to be aware of the legal background and context;
- Legal administration including legal record keeping.
In addition to these duties and responsibilities, the Paralegal is required to carry out any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time both in relation to legal matters but also to the Legal and Company Secretarial team in general.
Salary is up to £30k per annum depending on experience.
In-house experience would be an advantage.
This is a full time, permanent position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and currently live within a commutable distance of the Deltic HUB in Milton Keynes. Flexible working hours are available.