- Role: Club Management
- Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Hours: 39 hours per week
- Salary: Up to £26k per annum depending on experience
- Closing Date: 23-08-2019
- County: Devon
- Location: Exeter
Deputy Manager – Unit 1 in Exeter
Unit 1 is Exeter’s largest late-night venue with incredible visuals and state of the art sound system.
The site is heavily populated by students trading 5 nights a week through the University term and 2 nights a week out of term. The business will suit a manager that has previous experience with a student led business and takes pride in sourcing any non-core events to the business.
We are looking for Deputy Manager to lead the team and manage the business with a primary focus on developing student relationships with both the University and the Societies plus add as many alternative revenue streams to the business.
What can you do for us?
We are looking for a Deputy Manager that is all about driving the business forward, utilising various revenue streams and wanting to develop a reputation of delivering high performance within the Deltic Group.
Your primary task is to support the General Manager in all aspects of the day to day management of the business. You will be working alongside and supporting a dynamic management team who are responsible for the day-to-day management of the venue. You will demonstrate a good understanding of music and fashion trends to help innovate new ideas for entertainment and a certain creative flair when marketing and promoting events. Using your exceptional knowledge of operations, you will be key in supporting and overseeing these operations, ensuring that all business areas run smoothly, and that the customer experience is enjoyable. You will act as a mentor and develop both support management and staff to ensure the required standard of service is met.
What can we do for you?
Offer an annual salary of up to £26k per annum depending on experience
An industry leading Bonus scheme
We will help you achieve the role of General Manager within the group
We will supply many support functions via our HUB office and senior management team
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- You must hold a personal licence.
- Supporting the General Manager in all areas of the business.
- Delivering excellent customer service.
- Participate in generating ideas for entertainment and promotions and taking them to market.
- Merchandising and management of the front of house area.
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety requirements are met and adhered to.
- Staff training, Learning & development.
- Maintain all company procedures relating to stock and cash controls.
- Maintain and manage standards at the unit.
- Integration of the marketing of the business with Operations.
- Financial Management of the business
All applicants must be well presented, professional, a good communicator with excellent overall operational standards. Candidates must be 18+ as the role includes serving alcohol, and eligible to work in the UK.
This is a full time and permanent role that will see you working shift patterns that include evenings and weekends, so you must be flexible in terms of the hours required of you.
Excellent rates of pay, training, benefits, and opportunity for progression available!